What is the PA Speaker Program?
The PA Speaker Program is a program of lectures scheduled throughout the calendar year, in place of the scheduled journal club dates, given by PAs who are members of the PDPA on various dermatology topics. The intent of the program is to support our members and colleagues in providing educational lectures at meetings and events. Each speaker is responsible for presenting a 50 minute powerpoint presentation on any dermatology topic of their choice, allowing ten minutes for questions at the conclusion of their lecture. There will be an honorarium and CME Category I credit will be available to attendees. Dinner and cocktails will be provided. Anyone interested in becoming a lecturer, please contact the PDPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities of the Speaker
Checklist of things needed:
- Provide a 50-minute power point presentation on any dermatology topic of your choice, allowing ten minutes for questions at the conclusion of their lecture. Submit 2-3 days prior to the lecture date
- Provide a CV and a short biography of yourself. Submit 2-3 days prior to the lecture date
- Complete the forms below to be submitted to the AAPA for Cat 1 CME credit. Submit 4 weeks in advance of the lecture
Responsibilities of the PDPA
- Organizing and promoting the venue
- Providing the projector and all equipment for the power point presentation
- Submitting the forms and completing the application to obtain the Cat 1 CME credit(s).
- Obtaining the educational grant and providing the speaker an honorarium
- Completing and submitting the reconciliation following the activity (includes Audience breakdown (e.g., PA, NP, MD, ATC, PT, OT), an electronic Excel list of attendees, an electronic summary of the evaluation data, any additional faculty disclosure information, a full list of commercial supporters, if applicable)